The Cannabis Law Sessions- INCBA at MJBizCon
28nov8:00 am5:10 pmThe Cannabis Law Sessions- INCBA at MJBizConThe International Cannabis Bar Association (INCBA) is excited to return to MJBizCon to present our annual set of continuing legal education sessions on Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
The International Cannabis Bar Association (INCBA) is excited to return to MJBizCon to present our annual set of continuing legal education sessions on Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
The International Cannabis Bar Association (INCBA) is excited to return to MJBizCon to present our annual set of continuing legal education sessions on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. Designed for attorneys and other professionals serving the cannabis industry such as accountants and consultants, but appropriate for sophisticated business owners and licensees and anyone else offering professional services to the cannabis industry, our legal sessions provide valuable insights for all, whether new to or versed in the cannabis industry or law practice.As the largest cannabis-focused B2B conference in the world, MJBizCon Las Vegas attracts over 25,000 attendees and over 150,000 industry professionals to city. Take advantage of this incredible business ecosystem and tap into the most knowledgeable community at the intersection of law and cannabis at INCBA’s Cannabis Law Sessions.
Registration for the INCBA Cannabis Law Sessions includes:
- 6 CLE Credits and a full day of legal education and networking
- Insight from over 30 speakers
- Access to the INCBA Solicitor’s Soiree, our annual after party
- 20% discount off MJBizCon registration using code 23INCBA20
- 8:00am-9:00am Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
- 9:00am-10:40am Protect Your Assets – Success in Cannabis Staffing, Compliance, Branding, and IP- Even before fully launching, cannabis startups need the right foundation. Too often, startups neglect proper human resources and branding protections. Success starts with the right professionals, the right employees, and the right protections for branding and intellectual property. Learn how to identify and retain skilled staff, all while maintaining employment law and regulatory compliance. Discover how, and why, to obtain trademark and patent protection for cannabis and hemp IP from day one, and how to safeguard and leverage it every day thereafter.
- 10:50am-11:50am Crafting a Winning License Application- It takes a village to create a successful state or local cannabis license application package. Learn about the experts necessary to ensure approval of a local and state license application and how to handle some of the more complicated regulatory compliance issues faced by applicants.
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Breaking Ground: The Potential Federal Rescheduling of Cannabis- Learn from leading experts what the Department of Health and Human Services’ recommendation to the Drug Enforcement Agency to reschedule cannabis to Schedule III may mean; what are the potential implications for the industry, legalization movement, and broader justice reform; what still needs to happen before rescheduling may happen; and what do we do after to pursue cannabis legalization nationwide.
- 1:10pm-2:10pm Lunch
- 2:20pm-3:20pm Protecting Privilege in the Huddle: Kovel and Related Attorney-Client Privilege Doctrines- Given the complexities and constant intersection between business advice and tax or other skilled advice, attorneys are constantly navigating the waters of attorney client privilege when working with other essential advisors. This panel, comprised of experienced corporate and litigation attorneys as well as accounting professionals, will zoom in on the legal doctrines that protect our clients’ privilege and outline best practices for managing these team discussions so that you can be sure your communications aren’t the weak link in an otherwise strong team effort.
- 3:30pm-5:10pm Cannabis Banking, Lending, the Safer Banking Act, and Distressed Workouts- Walk through 360 degrees of cannabis banking and insolvency with experts including a cannabis retail chain owner, bankers, a receiver, and financial services and insolvency attorneys. Learn how to obtain and maintain competitive financial services, and leverage depository accounts into obtaining loans. Find out how to navigate a distressed financial or operational situation, including the availability of state court receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and bankruptcy. Lastly, get the facts about what the Safer Banking Act will, and will not, do for cannabis financing and insolvency.
(Tuesday) 8:00 am - 5:10 pm
Las Vegas, Nevada INCBA at MJBizCon
Comments are closed.